Volunteer descriptions (jobs away from a meet)
Senior meet organizer:
- Figure out which swimmers are in their last season.
- Hand list to apparel person so she can order monogrammed towels
- Email senior parents to 1) make a poster for display for senior meet and 2) write up a goodbye letter to be read after meet is finished
- Call florist to order bouquets for seniors
- Make crowns
- Make sashes
- pair up the younger swimmers with an older buddy. There should be an opening getting to know you event at the first pep rally of the season.
- Throughout the season, you need to monitor the program to make sure there is reasonable participation, and to see that any swimmers who move up from pre-team get paired with a buddy as needed.
The Pre-Team Coordinator is in charge of all aspects of pre-team. The main aspects include assisting the Head Coach with assessments to start the season, taking daily attendance throughout the season, ensuring the pre-team coaches are ready at the start of each practice session, and running Fun Fest on Thursday morning following the last B meet. There is a manual that goes with the position to answer many questions that come up throughout the season.
The responsibilities include gathering photos of the team, volunteers, coaches, etc. In addition, you must gather certain information including: coaches biographies, team records, team statistics, senior profiles, etc. Once all of the pictures and information are gathered, the material must be put into an electronic document that looks like a brochure/program that can be distributed to the team. This is distributed electronically to everyone, so the volunteer must be able to access a system like dropbox for distribution as it is too large to e-mail. Finally, the program must be printed in color and bound for delivery to each of the seniors.
Social Events/Team Functions
- Photography and Slide Show: Photos of meets, pep rallies and team artistry in and out of the water have for the last couple of years been taken by parent volunteers.. These photos are compiled in a season-end slide show projected at the banquet.
- Sportswear and Spirit Gear: This project starts in the spring, with parent volunteers looking for eciting ways to update our traditional gear, like towels, caps, t-shirts, and more.
- Friday morning team breakfasts: After the morning practice on Fridays during the season, volunteers provide a quick breakfast of bagels and juice. Volunteers needed to prep the food.
- Friday night pep rallies: The night before the A-meets, we hold pep rallies at the pool. The seniors pick a theme, and the kids plan how to meet it. Then the evening starts with spaghetti and meatballs for the kids, and includes socializing for the adults on the deck. Please remember, no glass containers or bottles at the pool!
The swim team banquet is held the Saturday night after divisionals every year. Held at the pool, the evening celebrates our swimmers, coaches, and all of you who help make the season a success. We need some help collecting tickets at the door and setting up our modest decorations, and picking up cakes for dessert, so look for those jobs. Also, we prepare a banquet program. If you have writing/editing skills, please speak up!
_____ Contact DJ with date Angel Santiago firstname.lastname@example.org
Have contract sent via e-mail print out sign and give to Treasurer to pay via check $400
You should tip them at the end of the night ($100)
_____ Contact Cafe Rio with date. Follow-up with correct #’s
email@example.com or call 1-800-caferio
10062 Darnestown Road Rockville, MD 20850 3013094111
Delivery 4:15 ask for 2 servers to stay and we tip them ($200). Have Treasurer cut a check for the amount that you can give them when they deliver the food.
(75 burrito party, 200 fajita bar, 1 guacamole quart, 1 queso quart, 2 chip bag) $3,974.98
2016 200 swimmers
_____ Contact Gaithersburg Party Rental 301-963-9011. Send contract to Treasurer, so they can pay.
Make sure delivery is day before event and includes tarp. Delivery fee should be curb side fee. They will back into pool thru gate manager has the gate key. Tables and chairs will be stored on basketball court. I tipped them at drop off $40. Call the afternoon before to get a drop off time.
(2016: 350 black folding chairs, 5 8’x30” wood top tables, 45 5’ round tables) $1066.26
_____ Order from Walmart.com plastic disposable table clothes. Remember to count the 5’ round
tables at the pool
____ 4 weeks before event have someone create an online RSVP yes or no with head count.
Ask webmaster who can help you with this.
Notify the person who has been sending out e-mails and ask them to send out an e-mail that Banquet sign-up is available to RSVP and sign-up for volunteers. Have webmaster open the jobs online sign-up.
_____ 2021 cost per family is TBD.this can be collected before if you want to collect it.
Benefits are you have cash to pay tips, and check in is faster. This requires you to keep track of who has paid so you can give to the volunteers who check in families.
****Banquet coordinator needs to be at pool when table and chairs are delivered Friday the day before. You also need to be there the day of for set up and tell the volunteers where to put chairs and tables. You also need to coordinate the clean-up volunteers.
****If there is left over drinks from concessions you can get ice put in coolers from kitchen and when volunteers are setting up have this available, then at Banquet drinks would be available first come first serve.
Stacey Murray has previous year(s) invoices for all. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and or more info.
Banquet coordinators for 2021 are Anne Hauer and Simona Volpi.